WOMAN SMASHED GLASS PANELS: After making allegations of assault, a 27-year-old woman smashed three glass panels as she left a Moreton address.

Carla Louise Sherlock later told police who questioned her it was the wrong way to deal with the matter and she declined to pursue the assault claim.

Sherlock, from Sandbourne, Stavordale Heights, Moreton, admitted damaging the glass at Melrose in Moreton, when she appeared before District Judge Michael Abelson at Wirral Magistrates Court.

The judge told Sherlock she had been extremely lucky not to go to prison in the past.

It was worrying after keeping out of trouble for seven years, she was now offending again.

He made a two-month curfew order which means Sherlock must remain indoors nightly between 8pm and 7am.

She had to pay £250 towards compensation for the damage at premises owned by Wirral Partnership Homes.


INDECENT IMAGES ALLEGATION: David Francis Taylor, 58, of Folly Lane, Wallasey, appeared before District Judge Michael Abelson at Wirral Magistrates Court on charges under the Protection of Children Act.

Summary trial was declined and he was remanded on bail until April 6 for committal proceedings.

Taylor faces 17 charges of making indecent photographs of a child and one matter alleging making 389 indecent pseudo-photographs of children between August 2006 and December of the following year.


DAMAGE CHARGE DENIED: Wirral Magistrates bailed a 51-year-old man until March 25 for evidence to be called.

Peter Wormald of Leasoweside, Wallasey, denied causing £200 damage to a glass panel in a front door belonging at Wellington Road, Bebington in December, claiming it was accidental.

Wormald strenuously denied the charge and had declined the offer of a police caution over the matter.


WEAVED ABOUT THE ROAD: Police followed and stopped a mobile home vehicle after it twice went round a roundabout at Hoylake at 4.45am and then weaved about the road, Wirral Magistrates heard from prosecutor Neil Tyrell.

Mark Anthony Hon, 47, said he had drank two pints and a test showed 77 mircrogrammes of alcohol, which is over twice the permitted level.

Hon pleaded guilty to drink-driving in Kings Gap, Hoylake.

He said he lived in the mobile home and used his sister’s address in Prenton for correspondence.

Hon told magistrates he had been foolish and naïve. He was not aware how much he was over the legal limit. He would now probably live at a static caravan owned by his parents.

He was fined £100 plus £100 costs and was given an 18-month driving ban which will be reduced by a quarter if he completes a probation course offered to him.


ORDERED TO PAY COMPENSATION: A Wallasey woman suspected her former partner was responsible when she returned home to find super glue had been inserted in locks at her home and her dog missing, Wirral Magistrates were told.

Darren Robert Kelly, 34, of Woodburn Boulevard, New Ferry, pleaded guilty to causing damage to two doors belonging to Karen Melville who had to smash a window to get in.

In court, Kelly said he went to the house by prior arrangement to collect property. Ms Melville was not in so he let himself in with a key.

Kelly was fined £150 plus £100 costs and also had to pay £100 compensation.

The magistrates were told the dog was recovered safely.


MAN ADMITTED ASSAULT: A beer can thrown by a 22-year-old man during an argument with his partner struck her over an eye causing a cut which required four stitches, District Judge Michael Abelson was told at Wirral Magistrates Court.

Shaun Patrick McCullagh, of Willowcroft Road, Wallasey, admitted assault by beating on January 17.

Gerald Pachter, defending, claimed McCullagh threw the can at the wall and it bounced into her face. He had not intended to hit her.

The judge said it was all down to McCullagh drinking too much.

He bailed him for three weeks for a probation report and with a view to a community-based penalty.


DENIED DRINK-DRIVE CHARGE: Alison Scott, 22, of Dickens Avenue, Prenton, was bailed until April 1 for trial by Wirral Magistrates.

She denied driving a Ford Fiesta while over the legal alcohol limit in mid-January.


DRIVING BAN:A young motorist who crashed into a stop sign at Birkenhead at 4.10am was found to be over the legal alcohol limit, Wirral Magistrates were told.

Laurence Constantine, 20, of Sunningdale Road, Wallasey, was seen standing by his vehicle in Chester Street and told police he had skidded and hit the post.

Constantine admitted drink-driving. He was fined £180 plus £100 costs and was disqualified from driving for 18 months.

If he completes a probation run course the ban will be reduced by a quarter.


ERRATIC DRIVING: A motorist stopped for erratic driving provided a positive breath test and admitted he had drank four pints.

But later, at the custody suite, he declined to provide a specimen of breath for analysis, District Judge Michael Abelson was told at Wirral Magistrates Court.

Alan Dunn, 28, of Mackenzie Road, Leasowe, pleaded guilty to failing to provide a specimen under the Road Traffic Act and not having insurance or a licence.

The judge said a good side was that Dunn did not have any previous convictions but a bad side was that he had no licence or insurance and had drank alcohol before driving.

“Drink drivers can do all sorts of things including killing people”, said Mr Abelson.

Dunn was fined £275 and was disqualified from driving for 18 months.


VIOLENCE THREAT CLAIM: Four accused, including two teenagers, appeared before District Judge Michael Abelson at Wirral Magistrates Court charged with using or threatening violence in Malpas Road, Wallasey, two days before Christmas.

Summary trial was declined. James Martin Barriskell, 29, and Robert Campbell Barriskell, 31, both of Broxton Road, Wallasey, and two boys aged 14 who cannot be named for legal reasons were remanded on bail until April 6 for committal proceedings.

Summary trial was declined.


CHARGED WITH FRAUD: A Wallasey woman charged with fraud was denied summary trial at Wirral Magistrates Court.

Jill Fox, 41, of Pengwern Terrace, faces an allegation of committing fraud by making a false representation at Clatterbridge Hospital in November, 2008, intending to make a £15,000 gain by telling Leonard Haslam she was setting up a Jewish refuge in New Brighton.

District Judge Michael Abelson bailed Fox until April 7 for committal proceedings.