'OUTRAGEOUS' OFFENCE: Frustrated because he could not find accommodation, a 25-year-old man threw a paving slab through a Merseytravel bus shelter window at Woodside.

District Judge Michael Abelson was told at Wirral Magistrates Court that Mark Pascoe told police he wanted to go to prison to sort an address out.

The judge told Mark Pascoe it was an outrageous offence.

When the accused was abusive towards him from the dock he said he would not be spoken to in such a way.

Pascoe, who said he was still of no fixed address, was sent to prison for ten weeks.


WOMAN BECAME AGGRESSIVE: Police directed to a Wallasey address on New Year's Day heard loud shouting and screaming from upstairs and discovered items including a fish tank had been smashed, Wirral Magistrates heard.

Prosecutor Jayne Clarke told how 21-year-old Donna Marie Mayes, who had been drinking heavily had become very aggressive.

She would not calm down and kicked at two officers, elbowed one of them and spat at the other.

Mayes, of Egremont Promenade, Seacombe, pleaded guilty to assaulting two police officers in the execution of their duty.

Paul Ford, defending, said the trouble occurred after a breakdown of the relationship between Mayes and her mother with whom she had been staying.

She had had far too much alcohol at the time and accepted she needed assistance over her drinking.

Magistrates made a 12-month supervision order and Mayes must also serve 160 hours of unpaid work.

She had to pay £75 compensation to each officer and £85 costs.


DRUNK AND DISORDERLY: Police detained a 21-year-old man who was shouting and swearing and acting aggressively at a McDonald's in Grange Road, Birkenhead, and who did not heed a warning to behave.

Kenneth Kilbride, who said he had no settled address, pleaded guilty to being drunk and disorderly at the end of January when he appeared before District Judge Michael Abelson at Magistrates Court.

The judge said such behaviour could not be tolerated and he would go to prison if it happened again. Kilbride was fined £100 with a day in custody in default of immediate payment.


MAN ASSAULTED EX-PARTNER: Magistrates told a 27-year-old man who assaulted his ex-partner in the presence of children that his behaviour warranted custody.

But they agreed to suspend for 18 months a 12-week prison term for Michael John Cottrell of Woodward Road, Birkenhead.

He originally denied assault by beating at King Street, Wallasey, last October but changed his plea to guilty.

Magistrates also made an 18-month community order to include completing a domestic violence programme and also one dealing with alcohol treatment.

The court heard how Cottrell after forcing his way into an address where the complainant was staying accused her of infidelity. He then grabbed her by the hair, pulled her to the ground and kicked her.

Later, after she fled with one of the children, she was again thrown down and kicked.

Cottrell under interview claimed self-defence.

The couple had a six-year relationship. Sarah Cooper for Cottrell said there were two sides to the story concerning the assault but Cottrell regretted his behaviour.

Cottrell had to pay £75 compensation and £300 costs.


DRINK-DRIVE ALLEGATION: John Christopher Dale, 68, of Queens Avenue, Meols, pleaded not guilty when he faced Wirral Magistrates on a drink-driving allegation.

Dale was charged with driving a Mercedes Benz E-class car on Birkenhead Road, Hoylake, in October when a blood reading showed 94 microgrammes of alcohol compared to the legal limit of 80.

He was bailed until March 29 for evidence to be called.


SENT TO CROWN COURT: Joseph Chittick, 28, of Park Street, Wallasey, was sent for Crown Court trial by District Judge Michael Abelson at Wirral Magistrates Court.

Summary trial had earlier been declined on an allegation of assault causing actual bodily harm at Wallasey in August.

Chittick was bailed to appear at the higher court in Liverpool on June 3.