A WIRRAL man who played loud music from a caravan outside his home has been fined £500 for causing anti-social behaviour that breached an injunction order.

Keith McDonald, 40, appeared at Liverpool County Court last Friday to answer alleged breaches of the injunction which occured on July 1 when loud music had been playing from the vehicle outside his property in Seafield Road, New Ferry and later from inside the building.

Wirral Council's Anti-Social Behaviour Team initially took action against McDonald, following complaints of harassment and intimidation against his neighbour by making loud and excessive noise from inside and outside of his property.

It was reported Mr McDonald would, on occasions, leave his radio on continuously for days when not even present.

After a thorough investigation by Wirral Anti-Social Behaviour Team and unsuccessful interventions to bring his behaviour to an acceptable level, an application for an injunction was made.

At a full hearing held at Liverpool County Court in March last year, Mr McDonald admitted to a catalogue of allegations resulting in an injunction being made until further order of the Court together with a power of arrest which remains in force until 4pm on March 6, 2018.

Under the terms of the injunction, Mr McDonald must not engage in or threaten to engage in conduct which is capable of causing nuisance or annoyance to any person in Seafield Road, New Ferry; approach or contact a named resident of Seafield Road, New Ferry or any visitor to that property and using foul or abusive language at a volume which may be heard in or in the locality of his property in Seafield Road, New Ferry.

Since that date reports were received by the Anti-Social Behaviour Team that Mr McDonald had breached the injunction on numerous occasions.

Mr McDonald appeared before Liverpool County Court in February this year to answer a total of 35 alleged breaches of the Injunction.

After a three-day trial, Mr Recorder McLoughlin concluded that Mr McDonald had breached the injunction 33 times and sentenced him to four weeks custody for each breach to run concurrently, suspended for 12 months.

He appeared before Liverpool County Court again last Friday to answer further alleged breaches of the injunction.

He denied these allegations but after a full trial the breaches were proven and he was ordered to pay £500 fine, to be paid within 21 days.

If he fails to pay the fine, he will receive seven days in custody.

Recorder Cowan warned McDonald that his Injunction Order remains in place indefinitely.

He added that the suspended prison sentence imposed in February 2017 remains in force and any further breaches of his order are likely to lead to a custodial sentence.