TWO people were checked by paramedics after a kitchen blaze at a house in Pensby.

Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service arrived at the property on Haddon Drive to reports of a fire in the kitchen at around 6.56pm on Saturday, July 15.

Two residents who were checked by paramedics did not need any further treatment.

Two fire engines attended the incident and crews used a hose reel to extinguish the fire.

A chip pan and its contents were damaged by the fire.

Crews remained at the scene for around 20 minutes.