HEALTH service staff and volunteers from a Wirral trust have been honoured for their work during an annual ceremony.
Wirral Community NHS Foundation Trust's 'For The Thank You' awards were hosted by BBC news legend Gordon Burns and held at the Floral Pavilion in New Brighton.
The awards, and winners, are as follows:
- Patient at the heart award: Wheelchair Service
- Exceptional care award: Paxton Community Nursing Team
- Active supporting others; Physiotherapist, Kathryn Landrum
- Innovation award: Emma Mottram from the Speech and Language Therapy team
- Trusted to deliver: Mick Wynne from the Estates team
- Volunteer of the year: Johanna Hay
- Non-clinical team of the year: Wirral Heart Support Admin Team
- Clinical team of the year: The Cherubs Infant Feeding Team in Cheshire East (presented by Dame Lorna Muirhead, Lord-Lieutenant of Merseyside)
- The Chief Executive's Award: The Phlebotomy Service
- Patient Choice Award: Cardiac Rehabilitation Team (presented by The Mayor of Wirral, Cllr Pat Hackett).
A spokeswoman for the trust said: "It was a magnificent evening celebrating the amazing work that goes on in Wirral Community NHS Foundation Trust, and thanking those who achieved Long Service Awards for 25 years dedication to the NHS.
"Gordon Burns was very kindly our host for the night, saying afterwards that he was amazed at just how many different services we deliver in Wirral and Cheshire East, and what wonderful treatment and care we provide.
"The event would not be possible without the kind generosity of our sponsors including, Elerbanks Construction, Cosmo Graphis, Hill Dickinson, Assista, Cerner and LT Print.
"Thank you to everyone who made it such a memorable night".