COMMUTERS are being asked for their views on Wirral's bus services as part of a review into Merseytravel's bus network.
Working as part of the bus alliance – a formal partnership with Arriva and Stagecoach the travel boss is hoping to create a simpler, clearer and more direct network that can help encourage more people to take the bus.
Part of the review will look at the current bus network and consider how resources can be focused on the areas that are in the most need.
People are also encouraged to tell Merseytravel how they will use the network in the area.
No changes to services have been confirmed at this time.
Lead member for buses on the Merseytravel committee Cllr Ron Abbey said: "We're aiming to create a simpler, clearer and easy to understand network as part of broader plans to encourage more people to take the bus and the latest stage in doing this is now taking place with the Wirral bus network review.
"Through our close working with the bus operators as part of the Bus Alliance we are able to work innovatively at a time when budget pressures are causing other areas across the country to significantly reduce or even remove all their supported bus services leaving some communities without services altogether.
"Speaking to bus users, both existing and potential, is important as it helps us to find out how we can meet their needs best within budget constraints – something not all areas do."
Eight drop-in events have been planned to take place for people to speak to representatives from Merseytravel about bus services across the area, how they’re used and what would encourage people to use them more.
They will take place at the following venues:
- Monday, February 27: Cherry Tree Shopping Centre in Liscard from 10am–3pm
- Thursday, March 2: Heswall Tesco from 10am–3pm
- Friday, March 3: Birkenhead Bus Station from 10am–3pm
- Tuesday, March 7: West Kirby Rail Station from 10am–3pm
- Thursday, March 9: Birkenhead Bus Station from 10am–3pm
- Monday, March 13: Queen Square Travel Centre, Liverpool from 10am–3pm
- Thursday, March 16: Croft Retail Park, Bromborough from 10am–3pm
- Monday, March 20: Heswall Bus Station from 10am – 3pm
An online survey will also be made available for commuters here: www.merseytravel.gov.uk/busreview