WILL you be the mother of all quiz winners? Test your knowledge with Peter Grant’s Mother’s Day quiz.
1) Which Beatle recorded a song called 'Mother'
a) John b) Paul c) George.
2) Which band had a hit with 'Never Turn Your Back On Mother Earth'?
a) Sailor b) Sparks c) Supertramp.
3)Who had a global hit disco song with 'Ma Baker'?
a) Odyssey b) Kool and the Gang c) Boney M.
4) The film Mommie Dearest was about which Hollywood star?
a) Mae West b) Joan Crawford c) Bette Davis
5) 'Mama just killed a man' is a song from which single blockbuster?
a) Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody b) So Lonely-The Police c) All the Young Dudes- Mott The Hoople.
6) The Beatles song "'our Mother Should Know' came from which album?
a) Yellow Submarine b) Magical Mystery Tour c) Sgt Pepper.
7) 'Ma, He's Making Eyes at Me' was a cover version hit for:
a) Marie Osmond; b) Bonnie Longford c) Lena Zavaroni.
8)'My Mummy said to get things done....' was a line from which David Bowie song?
a) Changes b) Ashes to Ashes c) Sound and Vision.
9 Mamma Mia was a hit for Abba in what year?
a) 1975 b) 1977 c) 1979.
10)Where did Mother's Day originate?
a) China b) Russia c) America
Answers 1) a) 2) b; 3) c;4) b;5) a;6) b; 7) c; 8) b; 9) a; 10) c.
Scores 1 to 3 right: I’d keep mum about this...
4-7: Mum's the word.
8-10: You are the mother of all quiz winners.