Send us news by text, start your message Globe News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Faulty gas cooker may have caused deaths of two men at Wirral bungalow
A FAULTY gas cooker may have caused the deaths of two men at a bungalow in Bebington earlier this month.
Police discovered the bodies of 54-year-old Gary Patrick Ford and 47-year-old Dennis Cheatham at Kennet Road on June 2 after a neighbour raised the alarm.
Post mortem examinations have been carried out on both men. At this time, the results are being withheld pending the results of toxicology tests.
Detective Inspector Paul Parry, Wirral CID, said: "The men's deaths are still being treated as unexplained, although, at this time, we do not believe they are suspicious.
"One of a number of lines of enquiry we are considering is that carbon monoxide gas may have been present in the property.
"We believe Mr Ford bought a second-hand Flaviel Milano 50 Cooker made by Beko in the early part of this year and we are keen to trace the previous owner of that cooker or the person who sold it to him.
"There is no suggestion whatsoever that the previous owners of the appliance have done anything wrong.
"We simply need to speak to them to complete this part of our investigation."
Anyone with information should call Wirral CID on 0151 777 2265, or via the police non-emergency 101 number.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.