Send us news by text, start your message Globe News and your send photos and videos to 80360
VIDEO: Wirral students get animated for catwalk
THE work of animation legends Walt Disney and Gerry Anderson was the inspiration for a special show produced by students from Wirral Metropolitan College.
Costumes inspired by classic 1960s puppet series Thunderbirds, Joe 90 and Sting Ray, Disney's The Lion King and female cartoon characters from Hannah Barbera and the Pink Panther featured in the Supermarionation hair and make-up show at Heswall Hall on Wednesday night.
The evening, which also included a gala dinner, showcased the talents of students and apprentices, who have worked hard throughout the year to develop their skills and experience, in addition to gaining their qualifications.
In total, 88 models took to the catwalk and their outfits' creators were judged by a six-strong team of external judges. Competition was fierce and standards were high.
The models then went on to the catwalk for the final judging, to the loud applause of the guests, who included the students’ families and friends, and employers who also went along to support their apprentices.
The evening raised £370 for the college's nominated charity, North West Cancer Research.
Sue Higginson, Principal of Wirral Metropolitan College, said afterwards: "I'm so incredibly proud of our students and continue to be inspired by their creativity and the dedication of the staff who nurture their talent."
The winners of the awards were as follows:
- Hairdressing Level 1: Third place: Jody Markl; Second place: Esther Cardwell; First place: Danielle Dawson.
- Hairdressing Level 2: Third place: Lucy Collins; Second place: Kim Marshalll First place: Charli Wylde
- Hairdressing and Beauty Level 2 Apprentices: Third place: Demie-Lea Ball Second place: Chloe Platt Joint first place: Dawn Craven and Natalie Robinson
- Beauty Level 2: Third place: Alex Patten Second place: Jennifer Dakin First place: Jasmin Corkish
- Hairdressing Level 3 Group 1: Third place: Laura Waft Second place: Natasha Grey First place: Shelley Atherton
- Hairdressing Level 3 Group 2: Third place: Rowan Hewitt Second place: Natasha Duff First place: Kirsty Norgate Overall winner of Hairdressing Level 3: Shelley Atherton
- Fashion and Photographic Make-up Group 1: Third place: Bethany Morris Second place: Katie Brereton First place: Vicky Davies
- Fashion and Photographic Make-up Group 2: Third place: Ashleigh Stading Second place: Danielle Aspinall First place: Alexandra Wilson
- Overall winner of Fashion and Photographic Make-up: Vicky Davies.
Performing Arts dance students opened the Show with a Pink Panther themed contemporary dance routine.
The proceeds from the gala Dinner and show, together with the raffle which raised £370, will be donated to the College’s nominated charity, North West Cancer Research.
Sue Higginson, Principal of Wirral Met College, said afterwards: “I’m so incredibly proud of our students and continue to be inspired by their creativity and the dedication of the staff who nurture their talent.”
Comments are closed on this article.