Man led to safety following kitchen fire at Wirral house

Man led to safety following kitchen fire at Wirral house

Man led to safety following kitchen fire at Wirral house

First published in News

A MAN was led to safety after following a fire in the kitchen of a house in Bebington earlier this morning.

Firefighters were called to an address in Town Lane, Bebington after smoke alarms alerted neighbours. The small fire was extinguished less than an hour later.

The man led to safety was assessed by paramedics at the scene but did not require hospital treatment.

Crews from Birkenhead, Bromborough and Wallasey Community Fire Station attended the incident.

Watch Manager Andy Blythe, who attended the call-out with firefighters on Red Watch at Birkenhead community fire station, said: "Smoke alarms alerted neighbours to the fire illustrating once again the importance of having working smoke alarms on each level of your home.

“This fire started in the kitchen involving cooking.

"In line with our general fire safety advice we advise people not to cook when they are extremely tired or fatigued and not to leave cooking unattended even for a moment."

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree