Send us news by text, start your message Globe News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Tranmere Rovers to review Moore's future after he admits to betting charges
Updated 1:38pm Wednesday 9th April 2014 in News
TRANMERE Rovers have confirmed they will review manager Ronnie Moore's position at the club after he admitted a Football Association charge of misconduct.
Moore was suspended by the club on February 18 after an investigation was launched by the FA's Football Integrity Unit and the 61-year-old was last week charged over "multiple breaches" of betting rules.
Having admitted the charge and requested a personal hearing, Moore faces an anxious wait to see if he has a future at Prenton Park.
A statement on Rovers' official website says: "Tranmere Rovers Football Club has been informed by the FA that Ronnie Moore has admitted an FA charge regarding multiple breaches of Rule E8(b) for misconduct in relation to betting and requested a personal hearing.
"We will review Mr Moore's position over the next 24 hours."
Assistant manager John McMahon has been in temporary charge of first team affairs during Moore's suspension as Rovers battle against relegation.
Current regulations prohibit players, managers and club officials from betting on competitions in which their teams are involved.
A statement on the FA's website says: "Ronnie Moore has admitted an FA charge regarding multiple breaches of Rule E8(b) for misconduct in relation to betting.
"The Tranmere Rovers manager has requested a personal hearing, the date of which will be set in due course."
Rule E8(b) states: "A participant shall not bet, either directly or indirectly, or instruct, permit, cause or enable any person to bet on the result, progress or conduct of a match or competition in which the participant is participating, or has participated in that season; or in which the participant has any influence, either direct or indirect.”
Comments are closed on this article.