Send us news by text, start your message Globe News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Awards celebrate the best of Wirral tourism
THE individual achievements of those working in Wirral's tourism industry were honoured during an awards ceremony in New Brighton.
More than 250 people gathered at the Floral Pavilion Conference Centre to celebrate the best the borough has to offer in an industry that is worth more than £310million to Wirral.
Now in its 12th year, the tourism awards recognise the quality, achievements and continuous hard work of the individuals behind the sector’s growing success.
The winners of this year's awards are:
- Outstanding Young Person of the Year: Justine McLaughlin, from Monte Carlo Restaurant Heswall
- Family Friendly Business: The Potting Shed Outstanding Customer Care: Linda Crighton, from Caffe Cream in New Brighton
- Accommodation of the Year: Mere Brook House Most Professional Bar or Waiting on Team: The Wro, West Kirby
- Volunteer Team of the Year: Wirral Footpaths and Open Spaces Preservation Society
- Most Supportive Supervisor or Manager: Shane Osborne from Caffe Cream in New Brighton
- Team of the Year: The Olive Tree Bistro
- Wirral Taste Award: The Jug & Bottle, Heswall
- Attraction of the Year: Championship Adventure Golf
- Wirral Event of the Year: Promenade Stages Rally
- Young Chef of the Year: Sam Creedon - The Portrait House
- Wirral Tourism Ambassador: Gail Copple – Caldy Golf Club
Councillor Pat Hackett, Wirral's cabinet member for the economy, said: "I'd like to congratulate all of the tourism businesses and their staff who have been nominated for this year’s Wirral Tourism Awards.
"Each award category has been keenly contested and the winners can be rightly proud of their awards.
"It is set to be a big year for Wirral with the return of the Open to Royal Liverpool Golf Club in July and our tourism businesses and their staff, have a major role to play in ensuring that visitors to the borough receive the warmest of welcomes and enjoy their stay with us."
Comments are closed on this article.