Man rescued after Rock Ferry kitchen fire

Man rescued after Rock Ferry kitchen fire

Man rescued after Rock Ferry kitchen fire

First published in News
Last updated

A WIRRAL man had to be rescued by firefighters after a pan of food caught fire in his Rock Ferry home.

He was given oxygen by firefighters after they tackled the kitchen fire at the Queens Road address just before 11.30pm on Monday.

The fire involved a pan of food in an electric oven, causing smoke damage to the kitchen.

After being led to safety by firefighters, the man was assessed by paramedics from North West Ambulance Service for suspected smoke inhalation but he refused further treatment.
 

Watch manager Tommy Grierson, who attended the call-out with firefighters from Bromborough Community Fire Station, said: “Smoke alarms were present and activated helping to alert people to this fire.

“When we arrived a man was still inside the property so we woke him and led him to safety and gave him oxygen.

“We advise people that, if they discover a fire, they get out, stay out and call 999.

“We also advise cooking is never left unattended, even for a moment and we advise people to have working smoke alarms on each level of their home.”

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree