WINNERS of the first ever Neston and District business awards have been revealed.
Burton-based Gordale garden centre, founded in 1948, won the Big Business of the year gong along with the Green Business Award.
Other winners were Neston builder Harry Phipps & Co which was named small business of the year, Elephant Coffee which won customer service award and Burton family company Dunstan Fish & Game which picked up the online business of the year honour.
There were also two individual awards – entrepreneur of the year which went to Adam Mitchell of Neston building services firm AP Mitchell and business achievement award, which went to Phillip Bates of accountants Phillip Bates & Co
More than 120 people packed the Cranston Suite at Neston Cricket Club on Friday night for the awards.
Ellesmere Port and Neston MP Andrew Miller opened the evening, describing the Neston & District business community as the "lifeblood of the economy".
The awards were hosted by Tony Bush, newly elected President of Neston Cricket Club, and Nick Mason, a director of Brand, which is based in the town centre.
The full list of winners is as follows:
- Business of the Year (1-10 employees) - Harry Phipps & Co.
- Business of the year (10 or more employees) - Gordale
- Entrepreneur of the year - Adam Mitchell
- Green business award - Gordale
- Online business of the year - Dunstan Fish & Game
- Customer service award - Elephant Coffee
- The business achievement award - Phillip Bates – Phillip Bates & Co