Man treated for smoke inhalation after fire in kitchen of Wirral home

Wirral Globe: Man treated for smoke inhalation after fire in kitchen of Wirral home Man treated for smoke inhalation after fire in kitchen of Wirral home

A MAN was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire in the kitchen of his Wirral home on Thursday night.

Firecrews were called to an address in Park Road South, Birkenhead at around 9.30pm.

The made sure the fire, involving a pan of food, was out and cleared smoke from the property. There was slight smoke damage to the kitchen. Smoke alarms were present and activated.

Firefighters also carried out a Home Fire Safety Check while at the property.

Crews from Birkenhead and one from Upton Community Fire Station attended the call-out. They left the scene by 10.34pm.

Station Manager Mark Thomas said: "We advise people have working smoke alarms on each level of their home and never leave cooking unattended.

"Fires involving food cooking can produce large volumes of smoke which can cause people to become disorientated and can lead to unconsciousness.

"The occupier of the property was out of the building when firefighters arrived. If you discover a fire, get out, stay out and call 999."

Comments (0)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree