Toaster fire extinguished in Higher Bebington

Wirral Globe: Toaster fire extinguished in Higher Bebington Toaster fire extinguished in Higher Bebington

FIREFIGHTERS extinguished a fire involving a toaster at a property in Higher Bebington in the early hours of today after smoke alarms alerted the occupier.

Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service was called to an address near King’s Road at 12.44am today, Thursday.

An appliance from Birkenhead Community Fire Station and Bromborough Community Fire Station attended the scene, where a thermal imaging camera was used to check for a fire spread in the kitchen.

A fan was also used to ventilate the property to clear any remaining smoke.

The kitchen was mildly damaged by smoke, while the toaster and kitchen unit above the appliance were also damaged.

Watch manager Ray Olsen, who attended the call-out with White Watch at Birkenhead Community Fire Station, said: “Smoke alarms alerted the occupier after it is thought the toaster was left unattended and switched on with bread inside.

"We advise people have working smoke alarms on each level of their home and urge people not to place toasters under kitchen wall units while they are being used.”

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree