Send us news by text, start your message Globe News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Teenager swept away from East Sussex beach was from Neston
4:36pm Tuesday 29th October 2013 in News
THE schoolboy swept away from an East Sussex beach earlier this week was originally from Neston.
Dylan Alkins, 14, had been swimming with friends off Newhaven's West Beach on Sunday when police said he was "swept away by the current".
The Newhaven inshore lifeboat and police helicopter have been checking the shoreline.
A spokesman for the Maritime and Coastguard Agency said the matter was "now a police one".
Sussex Police said officers, RNLI lifeboat and helicopter were carrying out searches along the shoreline for several miles each side of Newhaven.
Chief Insp Katy Woolford said; "All agencies are continuing to do everything possible to find the boy."
The Newhaven RNLI lifeboat and a coastguard helicopter took part in the search in "atrocious conditions" on Sunday evening.
He was last seen playing in the surf about 30ft from the shore, the Maritime and Coastguard Agency said.