Send us news by text, start your message Globe News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Elderly couple taken to hospital after bungalow fire at Irby
8:24am Sunday 29th September 2013 in News
An elderly couple were taken to hospital suffering the effects of smoke inhalation following a fire in a bungalow at Irby.
Fire crews from Heswall and Upton attended Penrhyd Road just after 2pm on Saturday.
The service was alerted by the occupier.
A grill pan in the kitchen had caught fire and the property was damaged by smoke.
Fire crews administered oxygen to the occupiers, both aged 83.
They were later taken to Arrowe Park Hospital for treatment and checks.