Send us news by text, start your message Globe News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Man led to safety following kitchen fire in New Brighton
9:17am Friday 30th August 2013 in News
FIREFIGHTERS led a man to safety and treated for smoke inhalation following a kitchen fire in New Brighton.
Smoke alarms alerted neighbours to the fire in Atherton Street in the early hours of Thursday morning.
When firefighters entered the property they found a man inside one of the rooms and him to safety.
Watch Manager Warren Bradley, who attended the call-out with Red Watch at Wallasey Community Fire Station, said: “This was a fire which had started when cooking was left unattended.
"Smoke alarms alerted neighbours illustrating again the importance of having working smoke alarms on each level of your home. We also advise cooking is never left unattended even for a moment.”
The man who was led to safety did not require hospital treatment.
A pan of food was severely damaged by fire. The remainder of the kitchen was damaged by smoke.
Crews from Wallasey and Birkenhead fire station attended the scene.