Send us news by text, start your message Globe News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Man led to safety following kitchen fire in Wirral flat
9:38am Tuesday 27th August 2013 in News
A MAN was led to safety and given oxygen following a kitchen fire in Rock Ferry.
Firefighters were called to a flat in Bedford Road, on Sunday afternoon.
The fire, involving a pan of food, was out by the time firefighters arrived.
The pan was severely damaged by fire. There was also smoke damage to around 70% of the flat. The fire was accidental.
Firefighters ventilated the flat to clear it of smoke and requested paramedics to check the occupant for smoke inhalation. He was taken to Arrowe Park Hospital.
Crews from Birkenhead and Bromborough fire stations attended the call-out.