Send us news by text, start your message Globe News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Man needed oxygen treatment after fire in Birkenhead flat
9:14am Friday 16th August 2013 in News
A flat in Birkenhead was badly damaged by smoke and its occupant needed oxygen treatment after a pan of food caught fire.
Firefighters were called to the property on Lansdowne Road at around 3.30pm yesterday.
A 55-year-old man was given oxygen at the scene by firefighters and left in the care of paramedics. The flat was heavily smoke-logged.
Three appliances from Birkenhead, Heswall and Liverpool City fire stations attended and crews were there for around 20 minutes.