Send us news by text, start your message Globe News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Fire crew rescues unconscious woman from her Wirral flat
FIREFIGHTERS forced their way into a flat in Saughall Massie and rescued an unconscious woman during the early hours of today.
Smoke alarms had activated and alerted a neighbour, who then dialled 999.
The incident happened in Overchurch Road, at around 3.55am, when fire broke out in the kitchen of the first-floor flat.
It was caused after a pan of food had been left unattended on the cooker.
When crews arrived, the fire was out but the woman was found unconscious.
Watch manager Ian Dixon, from Upton fire station, said: “Smoke alarms had alerted a neighbour.
“This illustrates the importance of having working smoke alarms on each level of your home.
“We also advise that cooking is never left unattended, even for a moment.
“We forced entry to the flat as we believed someone was inside and we found an unconscious lady who we carried to safety.”
The woman was assessed by paramedics and taken to Arrowe Park Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.