Send us news by text, start your message Globe News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Moreton woman given oxygen after microwave fire
4:41pm Monday 18th March 2013 in News
Firefighters gave oxygen to a woman after a fire started when cooking was left unattended at a house in Moreton.
Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service was called at 11.12am on Sunday, March 17, to Town Meadow Lane.
Food had been left cooking unattended in a microwave. Smoke alarms alerted the occupier.
Watch manager Chris Hughes, based at Upton fire station, said: “This call-out illustrates the importance of having a working smoke alarm.”