Send us news by text, start your message Globe News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Elderly woman taken to hospital after cooker fire at Claughton
11:49am Friday 15th March 2013 in News
An elderly woman was taken to hospital for treatment for smoke inhalation after a fire started when cooking was left unattended.
Fire crews were called at 2.40am today, March 15, to a house at Upton Road, Claughton.
The blaze was out when firefighters arrived. Smoke alarms were activated at the property.
Watch manager Andy Blythe, who is with Red Watch at Birkenhead fire station and attended the incident, said the pensioner was assessed at the scene by paramedics and taken to Arrowe Park Hospital for treatment for smoke inhalation.
“This fire was caused by cooking left unattended. We advise cooking is never left unattended even for a moment," he said.