Man treated for smoke inhalation following fire in Wirral flat

Picture: MF&RS

Picture: MF&RS

First published in News
Last updated

A 35-year-old man was treated for mild smoke inhalation following a fire in the bedroom of his Birkenhead flat.

Firefighters were called to the property in St Anne Street on Wednesday afternoon.

The victim was taken by ambulance to Arrowe Park Hospital for a precautionary check up.

The suspected cause of the fire was a discarded cigarette.

Crews from Birkenhead and Wallasey community fire stations attended.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree