Send us news by text, start your message Globe News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Honours for Wirral's top traders
2:56pm Monday 25th February 2013 in News
WIRRAL'S top traders have been honoured with a special awards ceremony.
The Trader of the Year Awards, which was held last month at the Oxton Bar and Grill, was a chance for the borough’s businesses to be recognised for their hard work.
Among the prizes presented to Trading Standards Approved Businesses on the evening were accolades for 'Supporting Employment', 'Supporting the Local Community', 'Leader in Customer Service', and 'Environmental Responsibility'.
The prestigious title of ‘Trader of the Year’ was given to Renroh Engineering.
Councillor Brian Kenny, cabinet member for the environment, said: “I am incredibly impressed with the outstanding merits of these businesses. Not only do they offer their customers an excellent service but they play a major role in contributing to the local economy.
“The Trading Standards Business Approval Scheme is going from strength to strength and through word of mouth, customer awareness is growing. As a council we are committed to promoting the scheme.”
The winners were:
• Protecting Vulnerable People Award 2012 – Bell Mobility Ltd
• Supporting Employment Award 2012 – JBC Building & Disability Adaptations
• Supporting the Local Community Award 2012 – Cureton Gas Services Ltd
• Leader in Customer Service Award 2012 – Merilyn Phillips Ltd
• Environmental Responsibility Award 2012 – TaxAssist Accountants
• Special Recognition Award 2012 – JG Dodd Bathroom Installations
• Trader of the Year Award 2012 – Renroh Engineering