Send us news by text, start your message Globe News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Man treated for smoke inhalation following Wirral kitchen fire
A MAN was treated for smoke inhalation following a fire in the kitchen of his Wirral home.
Firefighters were called to an address in Noctorum Avenue, Birkenhead last night. The fire involving cooking which had been left unattended.
Crews from Birkenhead and Upton fire stations attended the call-out. They ventilated the property using a fan to clear it of smoke.
Watch manager Ray Olsen, who is with White Watch at Upton fire station, said: "We entered the property and found a man in one of the rooms.
"Firefighters removed the pan of food from the cooker and checked the fire was extinguished.
“We advise cooking is never left unattended even for a moment. Fires involving cooking can create large volumes of smoke quickly, reducing visibility in properties and disorientating people."
Smoke alarms were present at the property and activated.