Warning after Wirral chimney fire

Picture: MF&RS

Picture: MF&RS

First published in News

HOMEOWNERS are being warned about the dangers of not sweeping chimneys properly following a fire in Heswall.

Firefighters were called to a house near Gayton Road at 6.24pm on Monday.

A crew from Heswall fire station attended the call-out. They used chimney rods and a stirrup pump to put out the flames.

Watch Manager Mark Pilling, who is based at Heswall Community Fire Station and attended the call-out, said: "We advise people to ensure their chimneys are swept at least once a year to reduce the build-up of combustible materials that can lead to fires spreading and causing further damage.

"If people have a wood-burning stove I also would recommend a steel flue line is fitted."

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree