Send us news by text, start your message Globe News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Three taken to hospital following Wirral kitchen fire
12:26pm Thursday 31st January 2013 in News
THREE people were taken to hospital after an unattended cooker went on fire.
Firefighters were called at 8.43pm on Wednesday, January 30, to an address near Noctorum Avenue.
Watch manager Chris Hughes from Upton fire station said although smoke alarms were fitted, they were faulty and did not activate.
He said: "Smoke alarms can give you the vital seconds you need to escape a fire. We advise an alarm is fitted on each level of your property and they are tested each week by pressing the test button."
One 40-year-old man and two women in their 20s were treated for smoke inhalation.
They were taken to Arrowe Park Hospital for a precautionary check-up.
An fire appliance from Upton attended the incident.
For free fire safety advice contact 0800 7315958.