Send us news by text, start your message Globe News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Wirral teenager taken to hospital following kitchen fire
9:36am Friday 4th January 2013 in News
A TEENAGER was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation following a kitchen fire at Grove Road, Rock Ferry at 10am on Thursday.
The kitchen and living room were damaged by smoke.
A 15-year-old girl was taken to Arrowe Park Hospital suffering smoke inhalation.
Smoke alarms had been fitted and activated.
Watch Manager Tommy Grierson, who is with Blue Watch at Bromborough Community Fire Station and attended the call-out, said: "Smoke alarms activated and alerted the occupier to the fire after the portable stove had been turned on by accident.
"We advise that people have working smoke alarms on each level of their homes and they test them each week by pressing the test button on them."
A crew from Bromborough fire station attended and firefighters were there for around an hour.