Send us news by text, start your message Globe News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Woman treated for smoke inhalation after chip pan fire in Wirral home
4:40pm Friday 2nd November 2012 in News
A WOMAN was treated for smoke inhalation following a chip pan fire at a house in Wallasey this afternoon.
Firefighters were called to an address in Seaton Road at around 2pm. A high pressure hose was used to extinguish the fire in the ground floor kitchen.
The woman was treated by paramedics and taken to Arrowe Park Hospital for a precautionary check-up.
Firefighters fitted new smoke alarms on the ground floor after the ones in place had melted due to the heat.
The chip pan and kitchen suffered smoke damage. There was also smoke damage to the hallway and part of the first floor.
Crews from Birkenhead and Wallasey Fire Stations attended the call-out.
A spokesman for Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service said: "We advise people to never leave cooking unattended, even for a moment.
"Chip pan fires can produce large volumes of smoke that can incapacitate individuals. We also advise that people use deep fat fryers instead of chip pans."